Help! Help! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaokong

Solid State Member
I just got my newly build computer since march 06, I turned on my computer and do some adjustments, I tried a auto overclocking (V6) to see what happens, because the motherboard's overclocking manual says beginners should do try it (stupid idea). then my computer turned off. As i turned the computer back on it turned off agian.

I did it the second time it finally turn on and my monitor says that it can't find any signals, but the computer looks normal the lights, fan, Video Card FAN, Led Lights, everything is on and looks ok, but not the monitor. So I switch monitors and still the same thing. The last time I checked my cpu temp, it was at 38c. Also I tried to eject the cd-drive and it will not eject. I also didn't smell anything burnt at all.

Is the MOBO mest up? power supply not enough power for OCing?CPU fried? RAM? or what?

Please I really need help..

I'll probably won't OC ever agian. I've read a few post from people with similar problems, but not what I did.

heres the power supply that use:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182008

my rig:
rosewell 450 power supply
biostar Tforce4SLi
amd x2 4400+ toledo
Thermaltake blue orb cpu cooler
corsair XMS 2gb(2x1gb)
Asus radeon x1600pro 512mb/gddr2
WD raptor 74gb/10,000 rpm

Try turning your comp off. Unplug it and flip the switch on the PSU. Plug it all back in and flip the switch again. Should reset your fsb, allowing you to boot up.

just reset the cmos and it will work fine , theres a jumper near the battery while its powered off put it to pins 2-3 for about 10 seconds and then put it back to pins 1-2 and power up if that wont work then unplug the power cable from the psu (the one thats between the wall socket to the psu) and take the battery out for 30minutes then put it back and connect the cable and power up , eitherway after its done you gotta get into the bios and load optimized/performance defaults , and next time your doing overclocking better do it manually and not auto

WOW reseting the CMOS works, kinda strange but it works. thanks a bunch guy. lesson learned.

What I said to do does the same thing........only you don't have to open the case. LOL Works for most mobos, but some you still have to use the jumper for.

jeremy said:
you welcome ;)

as far as i know it doesnt :eek: , the only ways to reset the cmos is with the jumper or battery

Really? That's how I've been reseting mine. Hmm.............who knows, I could be wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom