Overclocking monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
That's right. I have a 17" Samsung Syncmaster 750s. My max resolution is 1280x1024 at 60Hz. You can actually see the lines travel across the monitor. I have an ATI 9200 and it can refresh at 160Hz at 1280x1024. I went into the advanced settings in my display properties and overrode the stock setting of my monitor up to 85Hz. I want to go to 160Hz cause it's so quick, but I'm scared cause it says anything past the recommended could damage the hardware and a monitor is not on my list to buy right now. Should 85Hz be ok.

On a side note it's amazing how the faster Hz can actually increase the load time of programs. No lag, just pop. Perhaps some of the lag is caused by my monitor. I didn't really think about it, but I guess it's possible. Can't display as fast as my computer can produce.

On a side note it's amazing how the faster Hz can actually increase the load time of programs. No lag, just pop. Perhaps some of the lag is caused by my monitor. I didn't really think about it, but I guess it's possible.
No.......it's impossible for the computer to contribute to lag. A higher Hz definitely doesn't make programs load faster dude. Only things that contribute to that is CPU, system memory, and your HD in which case the 10k Raptors help load times.

nubius, i think he meant video lag.

guruscan that is not quite correct. it was originally thought that the human eye could only detect a maximum of 60-75fps. some tests done using high video frame rates with INDIVIDUAL frames placed intermittently of objects show signs that the human eye can detect single frames above 200fps as people were able to identify an object shown in one frame.

If he meant video lag, why would he say:

On a side note it's amazing how the faster Hz can actually increase the load time of programs.
load time of programs.....

some tests done using high video frame rates with INDIVIDUAL frames placed intermittently of objects show signs that the human eye can detect single frames above 200fps as people were able to identify an object shown in one frame.
yeah, they can detect something out of place when it's going that fast, but the point that's to be seen is that the human eye see's smooth motion from like 40FPS and up. So basically people who complain about 60FPS not being enough are full of crap when approx 40FPS, somewhere in there is noticed as smooth motion by the human eye.

60FPS is perfectly fine for a game etc but 60HZ on a monitor (CRT) is not good enough, I can see the flicker, even a little at 75Hz.

I have had it set to 85Hz since lastnight and the signal hasn't been lost once.

nudius, if I didn't mean video lag than why did I say "I didn't really think about it, but I guess it's possible. Can't display as fast as my computer can produce." Let's leave it up to the person who wrote it to interpret what he meant.

he just needs vsync on...so his comp and his crt refreshes at the same rate...but anyway, i dont think 60Hz on games is enough for me. (unless its a 2D game) minimum rate for me is 85Hz. u can hardly tell 100hz to 120hz increase but u can tell 60hz to 85hz big time. btw my crt is set at 1600x1200@100Hz. sharp and crisp. CRT rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom