ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo...good/bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if youre using SATA, theres where the problem comes in.

The mobo doesnt have the drivers to recognize SATA drives and the only spot that ASUS put em is on a CD.... which you cant get to on a clean install. So when XP asks for 3rd party drivers you need a floppy. I think since then theyve put it up on the website so you dont have to call TS and have em email it to you like I did.

don't let that scare you. they always just give you the driver CD and no floppy. you can just use another computer to make the floppy with the CD or download from asus website. the A7N8X Deluxe and E-Deluxe do have SATA support on the motherboard.

yes SATA is ATA150 while IDE is 33/66/100/133. these are IDE interface types. the higher the number the faster it is. some people say SATA and IDE ATA133 yield little to no difference with normal computer use.

Hehe.

You have to buy different drives for SATA (SATA HD) and i think they go into different kinda slots on the mainboard. Maybe i'm wrong about this. There was a pic i was checkin out a few days ago showing a mb with sata capability but it was vague and a bad pic. I guess i'll know when i get my mainboard in the mail soon. Hey, True Orb, i'll pm you some links to check out that'll be good reading for you. One of the guys here sent me to the place... i'll return the favor.

Cell, in otherwords, the guys at ASUS were sloppy and lazy when putting together the cd w/drivers/etc., so it's a bit of a pain to get going but i'm sure it's a nice learning process once you do it... hoping it works.

hehe well those suckers building my comp do lol:D...cuz i ordered a customized comp and they build it for me and run all kinds of tests.

I have the Deluxe E and its definately a good board but ASUS support kinda sucks. I can never get a hold of someone, i just get the random guy at the end and give him my phone number and he says they will call me back. I have done this like 4 times and still no reply :confused:

Even though my new board supports SATA i didn't get sata drives just yet. I got regular eide drives for now. I figured i'd do the SATA thing after i got the pc working and after i confirmed that it's stable and all is well. Also, i'm building a bunch of machines so i figured it was the least i could do to relieve myself of some potential headaches getting setup. I definitely plan to experiment with sata though.

Make your own decision, Orb. I'd say, if you're up for the job, go right at it and set up SATA. Then you can tell us (who haven't messed with it yet) how it went and all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom