AMD mobile chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Baseband Member
I have never overclocked a cpu before but i am going to be doing it on this next chip. I noticed that there are mobile amd's and regular amd's...whats the difference. I was reading up and it seems that only overclockers are buying the mobile amd. This is gonna sound dumb but are all retail chips overclockable? I keep reading about locked and unlocked and im a little confused:confused: Anyway maybe a little OC 101 is in order. I thought I had my mind made up on a chip, but now im thinking a XP2600 w/ a nice fan could be overclocked to tun faster then the 2800 I was looking at without a hitch. I would appreciate any input.

well on that particular chip they didnt lock it so clock on hehe .
OC`ers love it :)

Cappy's that's incorrect.....

The mobile processors are processors designed for notebooks... n' not for desktops ..
These processors are better off thermally etc.. N' thier architecure is slightly different .. Visit AMD's website for details on the architecture

The mobile's were designed for laptops. They have lower vcores so they produce less heat. Because of this overclockers love them. they can crank up the vcore and still produce less heat than a desktop processor. They all around have better oc's too. I've seen people take the mobile's up to 2.6 from I think a 1.8. that's a heck of an oc compared to a 2500 that goes from 1.8 to 3.2. I think the only thing spec-wise that differs is the vcore and the Cache. I'm not sure on the second though. take a look at amd's website or newegg or something to find out for sure.

Thats interesting to know. I went with a barton 2600 for now....i may overclock it but I have some reading to do. Anyway all the parts are hear so im gonna go get this thing going.

i gota say being a Pentium guy im impressed with that .
AMD may win me yet hehe. ATI did :)

Yes you said all AMD chip's are locked so folks are using mobile chip's.All AMD chip's except the FX seris are locked and your mobile chip's.Which is intresting cause didnt know that.

HeHe you got no wiggle room.

Cause it does what i need .I dont need to upgrade so some freak can look at my shit and say god i liked to be cell567 cause he gots the phat system.Why do you print stuff under your name you dont got.First a 2.8c now a AMD 2800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom