I am lookin at building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first one.

but i would go for building one, or getting one built. then you would know you are getting quality parts aswell.

something like:
AMD Sempron 3000+ to 3300+ socket 754 (depending on cost)

512Mb PC3200 RAM (Value)

Geforce FX-5200 AGP (make sure it has a fan, not just a heatsink. they tend to overheat pretty bad if they don't)

Gigabyte or MSI socket 754 motherboard

Fortron 450W PSU (Fortron makes good quality, yet not very expensive PSU's)

some cheapo case

there are plenty of guides for building PC's:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=build+your+own+pc&btnG=Search

there are also plenty of places that build PC's for you. such as www.monarchcomputer.com

Alright Thanks a Ton Apokalipse you have helped so much i will try an most likely build my own i want that expereince

i will try an most likely build my own i want that expereince

and its a lot of fun too! (as long as you don't screw up :p)

i was lookin at parts.. if you can get like $700, you can get a really nice 939 system. for $500, you might have to stick to socket 754.

Well i will look around with for the parts you listed and will try to see what i can come up with and then i will post that stuff

ok well for $700 this is what i've come up with. this is considering you would use your old monitor, dvdwr, and possibly sound card (you can either use your soundcard or the onboard one). and you could also throw in your floppy, and use your keyboard/mouse, etc! hehe..

asus socket 939 mobo $81

athlon64 3200+ $159

eVGA 6800gs $169 PLUS $15 mail in rebate

1gb dual channel corsair value ram 2 X 512mb $66.5

250gb WD hard drive..$95 (you could save $100 and just use your old hard drive)

good reliable power supply $51

any case you like $65 (you could get much cheaper..)

total $680.47

you could actually come close to $500 if you didn't get a hard drive and a cheaper case.

good luck.
total:

I was lookin at PriceWatch and foudn a few of the parts cheaper but i dont know if there actualy the same part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom