I am lookin at building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's quite simple
Pin Grid Array just means the CPU uses a grid of pins to connect to the motherboard

socket 478 means that the number of pins it has is 478

this is the underside of a Pentium 4, where you can see its 478 pins
PGA478.jpg

ya i guess its not worth upgrading to a faster socket 478. getting a new mobo and all is prolly best choice. but to do it for $500.. i'm not sure.

See i dont know my actual budget my parents are paying for it but there being real tight on the money... i mean i guess i get can get that kit for my bday they said and then they will pay for the other stuff but if i pitch in some money it could easily be raised.

yes i am still at home cuz i am only 18 lol

and by the way thanks for all the help so fars its really good information and help to me.

both those systems are just, not very great.
but the sempron is a more powerful processor than the Celeron.
they both have onboard video, which is not very good. by the looks of them, the Power Supplies are not very good either. (Power Supplies are an important part)

I'd recommend that if anything, you spend a bit more money and get an upgrade more worthwhile.
if you would like to learn, you can even build your own PC
although there are several places that will build a PC for you, with parts of your choice.

Ya see i wanted to build a PC but i am new to that so i dont know what to really look for. I mean for the first kit does that mean i cant add a nice Geforce video card or such? idk i guess i just need help i am a newb lol cant you tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom