so many cpu's to choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
Im planning on buildin a comp and was wondering what cpu would be the best for my budget (im 16 so i dont have alot of money). I am a gamer so I want to play games on like med-high setting.Im planning to make a rig w/ 1gb ram and a 68000gt. So i was wondering which AMD processor would best fit those specs that is $200 or less.

But the 144 is like a FX-57 for $170, so I rest my case
Yeah.......assuming that you can get it up to 2.8GHz which would be a 1GHz OC on that thing. I wouldn't guarantee that to someone who's considering buying it.

if you want a 3200+ venice I do believe I'm going to be selling mine after my Opty gets here.

However, I will want to wait until the Opty gets here and test it out, because if it's a dud opty, I'm gonna RMA it for another and during the RMA process I'll need to use the venice because I can't have my computer down for days as I have work I must get done on my computer.

Being that you're in LA it'd only take a day to get there as well as I'm in apple valley california, about 90 miles north of LA.

Only thing is though an opteron 144 isn't bad, I'll be honest with ya, cause it'll have 1mb L2 cache over the 3200+ venice having 512kb. I can guarantee you the 3200+ venice will run at 2.575GHz, and yeah unfortunately that is it's cap =/ I was pretty disappointed considering I got it right around the time they were doing crazy OC's.

If you're interested let me know, I'm sure we can work something out. PM me if you are, if not then that's understandable considering I'm sure that opteron will OC atleast decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom