A few software issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
First of all, Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I thought this was the most fitting spot for my questions. I've been having some software issues. Well, I just bought a new system from my friend who owned a gaming cafe'. If anyone is interested it's AMD 1800+ 512MB RAM with a Geforce 5200 vid card. I bought the system and a Samsung syncmaster for $300 flat. Anyways, I've been having some issues with the media player, it never finds album info, I've made sure that the windows firewall or anything I'm running isn't blocking it and my ISP works just fine so I'm not sure what could be causing this. It's a very annoying problem, seeing as how I have to name all my MP3 files. My second problem was with Limewire, I'm not sure if I'm not allowed to talk about P2P programs in the forum, if so just let me know and I'll edit my post. I downloaded limewire and it won't connect. Again, I checked the windows firewall, it's under acceptions, I have it set to the correct connection speed and everything and the only other firewall esque thing I'm running is Ad watch so I'm at a loss. I hope someone can help me out with this, thanks a bunch.

Like when media player searches the net and finds the titles of all the songs and such, so you don't have to name them all yourself. Like when you put in a cd, All of them just get sent to Unknown album folder instead of what they should be. P.S sorry about your cell phone man, I didn't look realize at first.

i usualy have windows firewall turned off, i use a program called armor2net isntead, are you on an adsl connection? because your modem could have a built in firewall, and you will need to open ports, in media player options, u can set ports that it will use and you need to open those ports with your router.

you could try turning windows firewall off and running it, have you done that?

Yep, It was windows firewall, I don't know why, I have both the applications under acceptions. I'm using Sygate and it's allowing Limewire to connect so I'm sure WMP will be too. Alright thanks everyone who answered, I'll be around the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom