no DVD sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

acscott

Beta member
I can't get sound when playing a DVD and only a DVD. I've tried different media players still the same thing. I installed the lastest firmware and audio driver. By the way I have a shuttle SB65g2 and I use the onboard realtek audio. Any ideas as to what this problem could be?

im guessing you arent using proprietary dvd playback software , i suggest youll get windvd , or alternativly download ac3filter http://www.codec-archiv.de/win/audiocodecs/ac3/ac3filter_1_01a_rc5.exe (decodes DD 5.1 audio) and use vlc player ftp://ftp.yi.se/pub/software/videolan/vlc/0.8.2/win32/vlc-0.8.2-win32.exe and if you got the audio connected the analog way then after you play the movie right click anywhere on the picture and goto "audio channels" and set it right , if you alredy got vlc then get this one anyway as the DD 5.1 support in 0.8.4a is broken

Try right clicking on my computer-->properties-->hardware tab then device manager and look for sound video and game controllers and look for any yellow question marks or exclmataion marks if not go back up to cd/dvdrom drives and see if you see any of the same. If you do double click it and it should give you an error code to start off with in either case

I have had this problem in the past and sometimes i have to reinstall my drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom