Can You mod the DFI Ultra-D To SLi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its only useful to mod the board if you already have the non-SLI one, which is what I have.

hows that the same thing? maybe you cant afford an SLi'd mobo now, and later you want one, why blow another $200 when you can just spend $20, and ur done.

Why does the Ultra-d even have 2 PCI-e x 16 slots? It doesnt even come as an SLI board so whats the point. (i have always wondered about this, i just could never find an answer. :confused: ). Ill mod mine when i get another 7800GT for cheap to SLI together, untill then i am quite content.

hows that the same thing? maybe you cant afford an SLi'd mobo now, and later you want one, why blow another $200 when you can just spend $20, and ur done
the hell are you talking about dude. I'm not saying speend another $200 and get the SLI board.....I'm talking about people who dont have the board yet and are considering getting the Ultra-D to mod.....if you're gonna do that and wind up having to buy the SLI bridge, then you might as well just get the SLI board in the first place.

Why does the Ultra-d even have 2 PCI-e x 16 slots? It doesnt even come as an SLI board so whats the point. (i have always wondered about this, i just could never find an answer. ).
I believe you can actually still put two cards in there, but it doesn't run as fast.........but ya know I'm not 100% entirely sure on that. However I know some people like to run their card in the bottom slot. Some say doing that causes their chipset to run cooler, and also people who have their cards hitting the chipset fan would no longer have the problem, ALSO.....some people want aftermarket cooling on the chipset which is possible if the card is in the bottom and out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom