intel p4 or Amd Athlon 64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what environment? Purpose? Server or Client?

Pouvez-vous me donner aucune autre information?

If we're just talking an office or family computer, get a Pentium and save a few bucks. If you want gaming and graphics, go with AMD.

i would say amd i have two systems one with intel and another with amd i enjoy the amd a lot more it runs at a lower heat and is very reliable the intel isent bad but its more of a backup computer for me it just doesnt perform the way i would expact it to they are basicly the same processor only amd one is a few months newer

Well I am assuming you are talking about a socket 478 intel, in which case, you would get better performance from one of the new socket 478 intel core duo yohna cpus.

yeah i had an intel pentium 4 2.8GHz socket 478 a 2 days ago then yesterday it fried.

I still have this:
amd athlon 64 3500+
msi k8n neo4
xfx geforce 6800 xtreme 256mb
300 gb hard drive
raidmax ninja case

and i saw a huge difference cause intels suck for gaming i guess.

If i get a new computer it will be the same as the amd athlon 64 3500+.

how bout just get a x2 3800+, the dual core will not only be good for gaming but also multi tasking and all the other stuff intel USED to be good at.

the dual core will not only be good for gaming
They aren't really good for gaming. They aren't bad at it by any means, but they dont like...excel at it better than a normal single core CPU. You could simply burn a DVD while playing a game without losing and FPS though. BUT, of course in the future games will take advantage of dual cores and be multithreaded and then it will be an improvement.

One thing to realize with dual cores that I just realized today myself, is that you will need to do some hotfixes so that it works 100% efficiently. Theres issues in games without the hotfixes. Seems annoying, but I guess in the end it'll be worth it. You'd just have to do it everytime you formatted your computer as well.

Ahhhh u guys make me feel like i got a horrible computer... yeah amd is good but its not that much better. Stop makin the intel guys feel bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom