Hard drive clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

LankstaR

Beta member
Yeah my hard drive is acting weird, well it first make clicking noises while booting and it will also make a clicking noise freeze then shut down, it will sometimes go to the blue screen (win xp), could this be because of power suply reasons? I have a maxtor 80gb 7200, someone give me some help plz
oh and also I have 300w power supply

I had a hard drive that ran for about 6 years (see my pc specs post) and when it finally died... it just gave out with no weird clicking sounds or anything. Just poof. Dead. It was a maxtor.

It was overdue though... i had expected it to die on me sooner but kept pushing it. It was always a loud hd though. Even my new one (on this crappy pc) is loud as heck, and its a new wd.

MAXTOR

That explains every thing.

Sound like your hard drive is about to die. My last Maxtor did the same thing for about a month before it died.

MAXTOR - NEVER FORGET! NEVER AGAIN!

Yeah, my maxtor died without any reason. I hooked up another maxtor and it gave me a fireworks show I will never forget. Also this was all 2 days ago. So I ordered a 120 gig Western Digital. I heard they are flawless.

I have the same 80gb Maxtor drive I have had it for a little while and it is already finding bad sectors Western digitals are expensive but worth it

Yeah im sure its the hd, ive replaced the ps and havent had it crash on me yet so i guess that was the problem, ill just wait for it to die now ;o thx for help

WOW.....

You are taking this pretty good... usually when my hard drives crash.. I am PISSED OFF!!!

I remember one time while I was playing battefield 1942, I was about to snipe some cocky guy talking crap on the server.... and all of a sudden.....C R A S H...

I was PISSED!!

I was a Western Digital 80GB HDD. I went online and got an RMA cause it was still under warranty.
(You should do the same, check to see if its under warrany and get yourself a free replacement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom