Can't boot from My xp cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednik

Baseband Member
Well i built my comp myself and had no probs booting from the cd when the option came up to hit any key to install. 2months later now I want to do reformat to perform some maintenence. I have the cd drive has the first boot devide but when the option comes up to boot from CD with any key it wont do anythin just runs through that option and then just boot up windows normally. Ive never had this rpb before and im wondering what i could be doing wrong. Ive installed xp gods know how many tiems before and this has never happened. btw i restored all the defaults and set back all the earlier options to default before it was oced. Thanks for help :)

You need to format first, doesn't it give you this option first? If not format on a friends computer, just make sure he has a good PSU :)()

Hrmm k a little confused. i usually just format from the windows install screen when i do a reinstall. Is this not the correct way?

you got a usb keyboard? if so you might need to enable usb keyboard/mouse support in bios in order to use it outside of windows.. (and naturally youll need a standard ps2 keyboard to do so)

Tbh. I can not remember, I have not once put any thought into formatting/installing windows as it is so boring, and I haven't installed windows on a PC in nearly a year (apart from on new hdd.)

If you format the drive on another PC then it can't boot into windows.

you got a usb keyboard? if so you might need to enable usb keyboard/mouse support in bios in order to use it outside of windows.. (and naturally youll need a standard ps2 keyboard to do so)

lol, the easiest soluition and i didnt even think of it. Thanks a ton, ill have to bust out the ole ps2 keyboard hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom