Video card dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamo0o

Baseband Member
OY
I'm going to be making my own computer this summer and am ends as to what video card I should get. I am going to be building a fairly high end machine (budget 2500ish). The primary purpose of this computer is for 3d modeling (mainly maya 7), but I also want it to be able to handle some of the newer games coming out. Which video card would be best for my computer? Also, what other components should I spend the most money on?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

7900 GT lets you wield some major graphical power for about 300 USD. The 7900 GTX is even more powerful, and goes toe-to-toe with ATI's X1900, which is generally considered the best graphics card out there card. If you want to go overboard, you could SLi two 7900GTs or 7900GTXes together, though it only gets you a 50% boost in power.

Yeah, I was wondering about SLI or crossfire, but what I've heard it doesnt seem worth it... I'm also thinking of going with an intel based mobo because I've heard its more stable, what other parts in terms of compatability or performance would one recomend?

? if u thinking about maya why go for a quadro? which is made specifically for redering?

go with 7900 GT, or GTX and SLi it later. From the benchmarks i've seen, on this series SLi makes QUITE a difference.

Liamo0o said:
Yeah, I was wondering about SLI or crossfire, but what I've heard it doesnt seem worth it... I'm also thinking of going with an intel based mobo because I've heard its more stable, what other parts in terms of compatability or performance would one recomend?
I'd recommend AMD over Intel, in a big way. Intel processors have some heat issues, and AMDs just tend to work better for gaming. SLI isn't necessary, or that great if you're actually on a budget of some sort. You can get along fine without it.

No SLI or CF, biggest waste of money ever.

A single 7900GTX will suit you fine for that budget, that's in USD right?

i suggest you make 2 comps since the 7900 would be good for modern games but not so good with maya, and the quadro would be good for maya since it was specially madef or it but not good for games since it's drivers are different.

how is the 7900 not good with maya? the only thing that may be holding the maya back would be the CPU and since its Dual core, no worries. I have no clue how the best GPU on the market can hold back a program, and not a high setting game, even though the CPU is also dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom