oc cpu + mem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read somewhere that increasing HTT is more desirable compared to increasing Multiplier right ?

As far as i know, both CPU runs ath 2000MHz, but the 200HTT x 10 is not as good as the 250HTT x 8, is thar right ?

nitestick said:
you are confusing dividers with the cpu multiplier. it is the cpu multiplier multiplied by the FSB that gives clock speed. a divider is a ratio that alters the speed of the memory otherwise the memory would just overclock exactly with the FSB. e.g. a 9:10 divider means the ram speed is the FSB divide by 10 multiply by 9 for instance if the FSB is 300mhz using this divider memory speed would be 270mhz rather than 300mhz.

look okay?
I raised the cp freq to 235.01 cpu multiplier 9
sais runing at 2115.11 idle 32 c 1.5 v
I left the ram alone for now, gonna let it run run for a week or so til I do anything else.

So what would be the point of running a divider? Wouldn't you rather have your memory run at a higher FSB?

well memory will hit its maximum speed and then it will only hold you back. thats why overclockers buy such insanely expensive memory, because it can run at higher frequencies. but a lot of the time even high quality memory maxes out and then your only choice to overclock further is to stop the memory from going any faster, hence the need for dividers. they can also be useful in testing overclocks and diagnosing unstable overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom