fastmemoryman on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a thing called "feedback" incase you didnt know, where buyers say how good/bad the seller was.. click "Read feedback comments" on the right at the product page , if the seller have no feedback or has a very negative feedback then i highly recommend not buyin anything from him , anyway its a blindshot even if the feedback looks good and even if he claims the product is in good condition you can never know for sure and after you get it its too late , and regardless when it comes to ram incompatibilities with your mobo are possible i mean it might dislike it thats why its best practice to check in the ram/mobo manufacturer sites and see if that specific ram was tested 100% workin with your mobo

I know about feedback on ebay. I was hoping for some more indepth feedback, feedback is left fairly soon after purchase and I wanted to see if anyone had problems further down the track, which would not reflect on the feedback area of ebay. part of a response by Jeremy below even recognises that the feedback is not always reliable and yet still thinks I shouldnt get further opinion. Is this not what this forum about getting feedback about products, getting some help etc ???

Unfortunately Soltek who manufactured the mobo is now no longer in business so I can't ask them for their help.

I would be doing an overseas purchase so I am trying to be extra carefull. I understand the compatiblity issues and so maybe I should have been more detailed in what I expected. I was wondering if anyone had problems that where not so immediate after purchase or if they have it and 12 months later all is okay.

So I am left with asking around on this forum, hoping someone out there will be able to give me some helpful feedback and I don't want to sound negative but the response so far is less helpfull than hoped for and expected and I am a little dissapointed in the attitude coming back at me., as I certainly have seen questions far more ignorant than my own be treated better... but thanks for the effort guys.

I dont think lots of people here at TF have bought from fastmemoryman. I would recommend just buying from a store or website from where you live. It's a lot safer than buying off of ebay. the reviews / feedback sh0ould give you enough info, as if ram works at first, it most likely will work for a long time- charlie

Normally RAM you bought on ebay will be of mediocre quality. Just for some normal upgrade. If u dont care very much on quality, then it's good deal for you. It's cheaper as well.

Thanks guys that was certainly more informative. I will have to think long and hard on it I guess, cause we are not talking a few dollars but double the price or more to buy locally.

His feedback is good and no one has been unhappy with the quality that I can see.

But certainly I need to consider these aspects.

Fastmemoryman

I know is late to be answering your question since was posted on early 2006. But I like to inform you and others that not to buy from fastmemoryman in ebay, or anywhere else online. They are fraud, and the feedback looks very good. I purchased a 1GB PC 2700 333 Mhz 184-Pin. My system board supports high and low density. The difference is the speed in your memory. Now back to purchasing the product from fastmemoryman. Shipment arrived and installed it. Turns out that when I checked my BIOS, it is only 32MB of memory. But the stick says 1GB and that is what I purchased for a 1GB not 32MB. Now fastmemory left a negative feedback stating that I purchased an incompatible memory chip. Well is not the compatibility, is that they send me a memory chip containing only 32MB, and printed 1GB.

Re: Fastmemoryman

bravo659 said:
I know is late to be answering your question since was posted on early 2006. But I like to inform you and others that not to buy from fastmemoryman in ebay, or anywhere else online. They are fraud, and the feedback looks very good. I purchased a 1GB PC 2700 333 Mhz 184-Pin. My system board supports high and low density. The difference is the speed in your memory. Now back to purchasing the product from fastmemoryman. Shipment arrived and installed it. Turns out that when I checked my BIOS, it is only 32MB of memory. But the stick says 1GB and that is what I purchased for a 1GB not 32MB. Now fastmemory left a negative feedback stating that I purchased an incompatible memory chip. Well is not the compatibility, is that they send me a memory chip containing only 32MB, and printed 1GB.
man thats tight .... report him to ebay or something cos thats just jip

fastmemoryman

If possible you can in contact with paypal making a complaint or letting them know about fastmemory. the ebay community are complaining about fastmemoryman as well and received an email from them stating that enough people complains about this company they can evict him from selling in ebay and paypal will also eject them from selling as well.

Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom