Building A New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um ok heres what I have atm, its a bit pricy though:

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
----------------------------------
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131568

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
----------------------------------------
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130249

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Platinum System Memory Model OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K - Retail
---------------------------------------
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820227210

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103562

I dont have the case yet or the PSU ur saying, I have tho my own cd drive, im not sure what hdd to get they all look the same to me :p. I was thiking a 80 or 120 gig. I dont usually have 100 games installed. Its about 1000 and dont know if thats exactly what I should get but its a start i guess. Like i said, im gonna need alot of help. :p Im afraid to spend 1000 bucks on a pc and it end up not very good, i worry alot >.<.

The case it can be ugly i dont care, just my last one was fancy and cool looking and my pc kept overheating cuz the fans sucked.

Get a case that has 120mm fans.

The specs are fine (quite similar to mine apart from the CPU, and I have a cheaper mobo, and cheaper ram and a BFG 7800gt, ok its not similar to mine.)

Go with a case you like. And make sure you get a good PSU.

Think about the PC for a week or something, there is no rush, heck even wait until M2 to come out and spend the extra money on a 7900gt (that would of been spent on the parts being more expensive.)

john, i plan on buying everything new. I never changed the PSU in my old case so ill look at that fortron but what kinda specs should i be looking at. Like 450-500+ Watts?

o :p ok posted same time u did :p
M2? whats that lol.

id prefer to not wait long as I dont have a computer now and ive been so bored the past week its torture :p

Can I link a few cases I find and ask u if they are good or bad for me then?

The case is you decision as something I or someone else likes, you may find vulger.

M2 will be released... April? or June I can't remember.

;/ the way the case looks doesnt matter to me really long as its not a square box. I just need to make sure it will keep cool and not overheat things. What kind of watts are we talking about?

you might consider the 550 watt anec truepower or the 480 watt one but you might wanna get the 7900gt because its about the same price as the 7800gt and it performs better

If you wanna save money, get good performance go with the OCZ PowerStream 520Watts with 2 Fans. its pretty pricey, but the PSU is the one part where you cant Cheap out. everything looks good, but you might want to reconsider ur mobo, ppl say that asus is for intel and DFI for AMD. Get the DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D. i think its cheaper than the Asus, and you can SLi it later if you will ever use SLi. its not that hard. all you do is rub some acetone on 2...dots ( you can call it )......and then rub it down with a dull pencil, and theres ur SLi mobo. Get a case with Fans for sure. at least 2 fans. everything else seems pretty good.

john3 said:
If you wanna save money, get good performance go with the OCZ PowerStream 520Watts with 2 Fans. its pretty pricey, but the PSU is the one part where you cant Cheap out.
So your saying if you WANT TO SAVE money get a MORE EXPENSIVE psu?

well first of all i said its bit pricey, not more expensive, i didnt know the price of the one he said. and if its not a good PSU then he will have to buy a whole new computer. And as for case, go with the Thermaltake Tsunami, its comes with 3 fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom