Windows start up error

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoDeR

Baseband Member
When i start my computer it will go all the way to the screen with the windows logo and the scrolling bar but after that its a black screen with a movable mouse but that is it!

it crashed after a BSOD

when i turned it back on it would do the same except instead of a black screen it would go to a blue screen error message for a split second then reboot and start the cycle over again.

Next i ran chkdsk /p but all it did was tell me it found errors

i ran windows repair from the disk it rebooted to finalize the repair but i took out the disk and rebooted before it could and now it goes to the black screen with a mouse even if i run windows repair

cant i create a MS-DOS disk with scandisk already on it or can i force a system restore ???

While at the black screen, are you able to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete? If so, use the run function to start 'explorer.' I'd also suggest, if it is working, to take out everything nonessential out of MSCONFIG's startup, as this could also be a problem.

Next step too, I would suggest taking out all of your PCI cards (modem etc.).

Generally speaking . . . everything. You can try and do a repair install, it won't reformat the drive.

well, if you cant cntrl alt del go into dos, edit the system.ini and change shell=explorer.exe to shell=progman.exe and restart. It'll start up with program manager. Course, this depends on the os version. Also, see if you can get into safe mode. Try safe mode first.

OMG! lol... doent matter.. dont care about it.. i got an error too when i switch on my computer, but it still work properly... but please make sure dont let the system32 to have error... otherwise u need to format..

I have exactly the same problem, in fact that's why i came to this forum in the first place.

The PC boots up just fine and then as windows finishes loading (just before the sign in screen) there's the blue screen for a split second and then it reboots. However it's fine in safe mode and no virus's found...

P.S. Using Windows XP Home Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom