Remote Desktop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I just setup remote desktop. And I'm accessing my desktop from my laptop. Only thing is I can't see my laptops drives now. How can I view them so I can transfer files and such?

On the Remote Desktop Connection screen select OPTIONS then go to LOCAL RESOURCES, then select DISK DRIVES

Excellent thank you.

Now, how do I get the sound to work? I set it to "Bring over to this computer" But I still got nothing.

are you trying to listen to MP3's or something? I think thats designed for system event sounds only. ???

Yeah, sound was on for both PC's. Still no sound at all. Not the worst thing in the world though. One thing I noticed. I've been setting it up with my laptop. But I went to my friends house to try and access my PC and it didn't work. So obviosly it only works when Im on my own network. How can I change this? Do I need to add something in my router config?

No, I believe you would need to use Remote Assistance. But I don't know because I have never use either one, I just heard people using RA for connecting from the internet.

I use Radmin, it's way better and it can connect through the internet if you configure your router port forwarding correctly, but it's only a trial version. You can try tightVNC, it's free and have the same features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom