MotherBoard 754pin Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming<>demon

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard soon, I am looking for a 754pin with PCI - E slot(s)...

Anyone with any suggestions?

NosBoost300 said:
why do you want a 754 pin??

Hmm, i know, i should be after the 939, but I have just purchased a new cpu - AMD Athlon 3700+ 754pin 1MB L2 so i need to get a 754pin motherboard.

At the moment I have already got a GigaByte K8VT800 (VIA) AGP 754 but I want to get my next graphics card as PCI - E, reasons coz i have a 6600GT at the moment, but i want to upgrade to a 7900 GT, and it seems as though that is only in PCI - express???

Or possibly I can keep the same motherboard, and maybe you guys know of a good AGP graphics card?? I don't really want to have to change my motherboard at all, however, I want to be able to get a good video as well..

Please Help.

well if your willing to spend enough you can get a 7800gs... but i think it would be a good investment to buy a new mobo with pci-e and get a 7900gt

socket 754 + pci-express = non-existent.

why would you go and buy a cpu just like that? since you already have that cpu, you're stuck with AGP. so just look for a good agp card. 7800gs is best for agp right now. 6800gs is good value.

aliasaid said:
socket 754 + pci-express = non-existent.

why would you go and buy a cpu just like that? since you already have that cpu, you're stuck with AGP. so just look for a good agp card. 7800gs is best for agp right now. 6800gs is good value.

What are you talking about? They make pci-express board's for 754,DFI NF4X INFINITY is about the best one you can buy right ;)

oh wow, there are quite a few as well. for some reason i've never noticed them. which came first, socket 939 or pci-express?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom