Beat this system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest a 200GB Seagate SATA drive. it is very reliable and much cheaper.

I'd also recommend a 7900 GT in PCI-E with the extra money.

and depending on the games you run, you might want to get 2GB RAM. some high-end games already need more than 1GB RAM to run well. and you can expect future games to use a lot of memory aswell

I would also recommend you get a DFI NF4 Ultra-D motherboard instead of the AN8

if all he said he is going to use the comp for is games he wont need a 200 gig hdd. i would go with a raptor for the gaming performance

There is no noticable difference between the raptor and the other Sata II drives, its just something to make ignorant people think its great.

Don't get that motherboard or that ram.

For ram, get the Corasair XMS PC4400 2gb set, great for ocing.

Get the opteron 165/170 s939 CPU, combined with the ram listed above, you will get stable 3ghz+ ocs.

RockyZ said:
There is no noticable difference between the raptor and the other Sata II drives, its just something to make ignorant people think its great.

Yes, loading up windows up to 15 seconds faster than the seagate Barracuda and half life2 up to 9 seconds faster is not noticeable.....

I've never had a system worth O'C before so when I get this system I want to run it for a few months without doing anything cos I don't wanna break it and might learn then but if I'm just using the Opteron as stock CPU will I get performance loss until I O'C it ?

If I decide on this route then does Cooling come back in the equation ? or is Air Cooling still on table bearing in mind Noise !!

Liking the Step Up program that's a brilliant idea if I go for a 7900GTX will it be overkill for the other components I wanna get the best I can afford for future proofing or at least until I've written this reply

LoL yeah seconds are valuable if it makes me load in to BF2 (I know Ram biggest factor) 4 secs faster so I can get the tank it's all good

Seriously though when I looked I couldn't see an article that stood out saying get a 10k but I never had one before hehe :p

So go for a 7800 SATA II Drive ?

Thanks Again you super stars of the computer world

DoH..

you wont get performance loss with the opteron, especially if you get a good video card and 2gig ram. The GHz on that Cpu is way higher than the recommended, let alone minimum system requirements. most games say like 1.8GHz intel processor or the same. and the 1.8GHz opteron is like a 2.8GHz intel. Dont worry it wont hold you back. and after a few months when you learn how to OC, it will definitely be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom