DirectX 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if you have a 600gt/x800 sort of level card, it will be full loading permenantly?? that cant be good.

no, not necessarily. This is the 3d GUI. The 2d one will be toned down, but the 6600GT will be able to run vista's 3d gui fine.

Ryan

how are off the shelf companies (dell, gateway ect...) gonna be able to make low end products if vista takes so much to run?
it sound like onboard graphics wont cut it.

easy... the 2d interface is going to be toned down. also, the people that get that will be buying the home starter or something along those lines. also, the standard windows 98 theme will be availible i have heard, so companies and schools will use that

but i doubt ill use it, im just saying in case i want to, i hear its a "prison"
lol yeah, I'm the one who called it a prison not too long ago. You'd have to look into what they are doing about things such as DVD's and music on your computer. From what I've read they are trying to make it like big brother with that OS. I forget exactly what it is they were trying to do at this point since it was so long ago that I read it.

I don't know though, vista just seems like it'll be a big pain in the butt, but I thought the same thing about XP when it first came out, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it actually is.

wat you mean DVD's and music, like it wont allow illegal downloads or something? or Pirates stuff?

no, like DVDs you've even bought.

Buuuuuuut like I said, this was when vista was first coming out, so it coulda been rumors back then, and by this point I've forgotten exactly what it was.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
the 7900 series won't cut it. They're not DX10 compatible.

Ryan

if your building a computer don't look for stuff now, all the new technology that will give vista the real kick it needs will proably be at by the end of august so start saving that what i'm doing

like conroe, series 8 with direct x 10 support, and even am2.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom