System Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

xowainx

Solid State Member
My Pc is about 1 year old and its been a pain since i got it and never worked right. Ive been troubleshooting this problem now for many months and i hope someone can help me.

Basically my PC specs in my sig. runs smoothly at a great temp in windows. But when i play games it becomes unstable freezes and restarts. These restarts occur at different times for each game. Some take many hours others crash before i can get out of the menu. I have run memtest i have checked all heat issues as well as PSU issues. I have cleaned my pc entirely, fresh install of OS and all most recent drivers plus tried various older ones on seperate install of windows. I have disabled my onboard sound and also tried plugging the minimum amout of hardware necessary to boot the machine. I have RMAed my video card and it has a clean bill fo health. Im looking for any suggestions no matter how radical (as long as they wont damage my PC) anything would be appreciated.

Thanks Owain

A message appears on a blue screen with error code information:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

This is the windows error message returned when it restarts, ive tried their solutions with no luck i know this could mean anything but maybe it will spark an idea :)

had it analyzed the bsods were caused by nv4_mini.sys (your graphic card driver) uninstall it and get the latest and i suggest youll avoid unofficial/beta drivers , you welcome :)

Still kicks back the same error i uninstalled and scrubbed the drivers and used the most recent ones from the nvidia site, then the most recent from the MSI site.

what exactly do you mean by "scrubbed"? you mean you used driver cleaner pro? , and the drivers on nvidia/msi site the version was newer then the driver you previously had right? , it may also be a hardware issue with the graphic card possibly overheating open the case and look if its fan is spinning also download everest http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html goto computer-->sensor and take a screenshot (if your graphic card have a sensor it will show its temperature among others) , and lets see if the error is still caused by same file. rar the minidump files again and upload it

http://www.upload2.net/download2/CF028xvxF9NWyLs/30minBF2.JPG.html
http://www.upload2.net/download2/LCNajipy3xOPTpp/Minidump.rar.html

There is a screenshot of my temps after 30 minutes of BF2 i alt tabbed and quickly took the shot dropped maybe 1 degree that i saw. The second is more mini dump files.

Thanks again for your time.

As for the Drivers i had the most recent versions and i did mean i used driver cleaner. So i went to the MSI site and got their most recent which seem to be possibly a tweaked version of a 1 year old version of the nvidia drivers. I installed those and they seem more stable but games dont run nearly as well. For example BF2 doesnt like them and it very choppy because they arent up to dat enough. And it does still crash just not as ferquently. It returns the same thread error.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom