Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm running out of post titles.... Somone help me..."

nitestick said:
my point exactly. VIA was a good company and still is fairly decent but i don't think they can compete for much longer. they have been virtually completely pushed out of the processor market and now it looks like their chipsets are going to be pushed out as well. it's a pity because i've always been a secret fan of VIA, yet another of Intel's underdogs
They havent had any good ideas lately. All they are doing is existing, and hoping to God somone buys something. It's sad, realy. If anyone ever needed to advertise, it's them. :cool:

as someone mentioned earlier, intel cheats! thats when amd sued them. intel would threaten dell and other companies that if they start carrying AMD chips, then they'll jack up their prices. i never knew what happened with that law suit, but someone said amd won :D

as for advertising..

amd spent $816 million (or w/e the number was.. i'm quoting from memory what someone said earlier) on research and development.. can't they take like $2 million of that and put it towards a good super bowl commercial?! $2million will buy you a 30 second commercial in the super bowl. they'll have a huge audeince, and i'm sure in those 30 seconds, they could educate the ppl that clock speed is not the most important.. and they could give and example like 1.8ghz = 3.0ghz or something like that. and say amd is great for gaming! (lotta males watching.. gotta hit that cord)

on a side-note.. one of my favourite superbowl commericals was the e-trade one.

they had this monkey dancing around wearing an e-trade t-shirt. for the whole commerical this monkey did nothing but jump up and down. that was the whole commercial. and at the very end, they had a screen that said "we just wasted $2 million dollars. what are you doing with your money?" lol.. amd needs to come up with something clever!!!

Marketing, money, etc...
My uncle is the head of the "Business Development" section/sector in Intel... He goes all around the world trying to sell millions of dollars worth of software, hardware, etc., to governments and big businesses.
I use an AMD. Needless to say, I'm his least favorite nephew :)

lol every1 says Intel sux at gaming......my intel p4 3ghz run FEAR at max everything just fine....50+ fps....yeah AMD may be better BUT Intel dont SUCK at it....so dont trash em....

Well thats cause either :
1. Your lying
2. Your not playing F.E.A.R.

I doubt that your system could run it full full detail with antianlising and all. Sure it can play without anitanlising but thats not max. Anyways if u put a AMD CPU in it may run a little faster. But i think that games like FPS are hardly limited by the CPU its almost definatly the GPU. But stuff like stratigy games is where a good AMD 64 CPU really counts.

kahlos said:
Well thats cause either :
1. Your lying
2. Your not playing F.E.A.R.

I doubt that your system could run it full full detail with antianlising and all. Sure it can play without anitanlising but thats not max. Anyways if u put a AMD CPU in it may run a little faster. But i think that games like FPS are hardly limited by the CPU its almost definatly the GPU. But stuff like stratigy games is where a good AMD 64 CPU really counts.

LOL u tellin me im lying???...
i run FEAR at MAXXX sett....AA and everything maxed all the bells and whistles...my system runs it flawless...i admit AMD has Awsome cpus....BUT intel can handle any game u throw at it...i know...

Think of Intel as Internet Explorer. Distributed widely, and thus used widely. AMD is more like Firefox, pretty much obviously better, but less widely distributed, thus it doesn't see as much use.

If you asked any typical person what AMD was, they'd look at your funny.

If you asked any typical person what Intel was, they'd say computer (if they owned one and they had some basic knowledge of the product they purchased).

Also, Dell won't be including AMD CPUs in their computers, but Alienware will most likely continue too (and Dell now owns Alienware).

Good move on Dell's part, because Apple would of given them a big run for their money otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom