2x 2g samsung pc3200 registered dimms
2x 1g samsung pc3200 registered dimms
1x 7900gtxbfgoc
sata 150 raptor
silverstone 600w modular power supply

I mounted and installed componets.

I fired er up.

no video.

I then assumed that I had not inserted the card all the way or something so i turned off the system and reinserted the card.

It fired up for about half a second and then all of the fans stopped as the system halted.

the power indicator light is now flashing on and off and there is not response from anything.

I want to say I damaged the board, but I was rather careful.

reset the bios, that means just dont cross the jumpers, but pull the battery out and wait for like 10 secs, i had this problem my self, also for some reason it did not like new nvidia cards, kept random restarting on me.

pull out the graphics card and start it up and see if you get the same error, mainly just to see if it starts correctly. you wont have video but see if that changes it.

i've tried going down to the bar minumim, ex 1 stick of ram and one cpu with no video card. there is not even the slightest change.

I didn't want to resort to the MSI K8N Master2-FAR, but honestly I don't see any other choice besides going 450+ and getting a Tyan board(I really wish I could, I like Tyan alot.). This board feels like my old A7v8x ASUS board, Cheap.

you should change it out before you just get rid of it, and yes the tyan 2895 board is the bomb, i just bought one about 3 weeks ago for my upgrade this summer. you need to swap vid cards and see if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom