Not to Be Redundant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnyder100

In Runtime
Hi, I am wondering if anyone would be generous enough to lend me some time. I really need some pointers in the video card department as my card is, well not exactly cutting edge anymore. The card, a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, is doing the job ok, but it needs some updating I want a decent one that can handle games like COD2 and other modern game of the year types. I also want one that is going to last in terms of ability to play games in the future(who doesn't?). Anyway I appreciate your comments and am very open minded to and reccomendations. Thanks-

you can PM me if you need any help. Im not a professional, but i have dedicated a Month of my time finding out everything i can about the latest video cards, and which does wat. but of course everyone else here knows more than me, so you can post here 2.

tell us more about your rig. what socket proc. etc. and of course, your budget.

You have an AGP slot if you have a 9800, here's some cards that will work:

lower price:
6800gs, x800 or one of the variants

higher price:
7800gs, x850 the PE version is best and most expensive

I was in the exact same situation as you, and at the time the 7800gs didnt exist so I got the 6800gs. It's a good card and I'll be able to play games for a while on it, not at max of course but who cares. If you have the cash though, I'd take the 7800gs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom