Family PC Build, Rate Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your not overclocking, you can save some money and not get OCZ ram and DFI board... other boards and ram will work great if your not overcloacking and I assume your not since this is your first build.

Well the title Family PC is a bit misleading, gaming PC is more like it. Everything looks nice, you're overclocking right? Thats the key reason to get that processor and that ram, if youre not overclocking get an athlon and valuselect ram. Other then that everything is great. Personally the only thing I would change is get a crappier card (7800gt), and then save the extra to upgrade to a better mid ranged card in a year or two. Thats just what I do though, if you want that video card its great. I also never buy the OC versions of video cards since you can just overclock it yourself, again thats personal preference.

how many times must i say im overclocking........i no wat those parts are for, and what im going to do with them, im just getting a check on compatibily, bottlenecking, etc. 003 you always have something constructive to say, any thoughts on this rig? its not final, will not be for a while and ill constantly be making changes, but i just wanna get a good idea of what im going to be doing. I would also like to have a discussion with you about OCing there are a lot of stuff i still dont understand and i need clarified. If you have msn, PM me ur address, if not just PM me, and we'll talk through there if thats ok with you. :)

One little thing of advice if it's your first PC, be careful about thermal paste. I put too much on the first time I did a build and had to redo it, get as little of it on as possible, metal on metal would be optimal but thats not possible.

i read just the size of a grain of rice is enough.
im going to like test it once on a piece of paper see how much comes out. then i will perfect the grain of rice size, and afterwards i will put it on the cpu. JUST SO I GET THIS RIGHT.

I put a dab of the paste, about the size of a grain of rice, on the middle of the CPU's back, then attach the heatsink to it, and it will spread it by it self. and thats it right?

That will work, another thing that is usually done if you put thermal paste on the heatsink first, then wipe it all off with a lint free cloth (coffe filter) then do the dab on the cpu. Doing that helps make sure there are less gaps in the contact. There's a lot of extra crap you can do, but don't worry about it since it's your first build (sandpaper stuff can be done, IHS mod (DO NOT ATTEMPT), various spreading techniques). Also make sure you have good ESD (electro static discharge) prevention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom