Suggestions on my Gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes not OCing yet, and he will soon. and when he does he will get more out of the Opty 165. and for now i dont think he will need to worry about how the OPty 165 will handle games cause 1.8GHz still is above the Recommended Speed, plus a good Video Card and Ram he'll be good with the 1.8GHz for a couple of months then he can OC it to high speeds, and the 4400 X2 isnt that great a OCer, not better than the opty neways.

And for monitor, since you live in Canada anyways, but im not sure wer u live, if its Ontario then go with this......

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=007372&cid=MT.983

thats the one im getting, if not try to find one were you live, otherwise, try to find a Monitor thats both 19", under or equal to $400 and less than 8ms respons time. i did, im sure you'll have no trouble depending on where u live.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I live in Ontario. just wondering, does CanadaComputers have some sort of dead pixel guarantee?

No, the 165 gives the same OC range as the X2 cores. But if you are going to overclock I would go with the opteron because it is cheaper. You could use that money for a X1900XT or a 7900GTX (if the 7900GTXs are in stock in Canadian stores). Personally I would go with the X1900XT for better price and HQAF.

I think that you should save a little money just in case one of your computer components stop working... and something goes wrong.

This happens to me alot, so im always prepared.. but it seems like you got a solid pc
I cant really give you any suggestions on a CPU cause im not an expert on that but i will tell you that they are about the same..
Go with the more expensive one unless you want to save your money.
Try to get a lot of cooling supplies for your computer.
Nice computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom