Strange System Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corallis

Solid State Member
I recently had some trouble with my PC, and I replaced both the motherboard and the power supply. Now the system boots, but it tells me that a windows system file is missing, so windows cannot boot. When I attempt to boot from the Windows XP installation CD to repair the installation, it will boot from the CD, but it just freezes during the hardware inspection phase. There is no problem with the CD-Rom, I have tried the CD-rom in other machines and it works fine. The power supply and motherboard are both brand new. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem? I'm running out of ideas here. Thanks.

well you might want to try ram, if you have a few sticks in there take one or two out if you have enough to do so that could be burned or haveing problems

but if the ram is fried or something it could be telling xp that there isent enough ram so it wouldent allow you to do anything another way to test it if you have no spare ram is to try to install a linux system or something on there witch you can dl very easy and its free

I've already tried running from a linux live CD... it also just freezes shortly after I try to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom