asus p4s800D-X
xfx 6600 256mb agp
intel pentium 4 2.8GHz socket 478
psu 550 watt
1gb of ram
windows xp
300gb hard drive
cd rom drive

all as i was doing was formatting windows xp.

the problem is i hit the power button and nothing happens.

I bought a new power supply for $100.00 and that wasn't the problem.

I tried putting my computer in another case thinking the power switch was dead but it wasn't.

Try shorting the pins to start the PC manually. Did you install the pegs that go under the motherboard?

If it does not work, then you have a bad motherboard.

what pegs that go under the motherboard?

and yes i did try shorting the pins to start it manually.

he means that if your mobo touches the case then no wonder it wont power up , he asked if you got the standoffs under it..

anyway its very possible your mobo is dead (maybe your old psu fried it. its not unusual when using generic psus alot of em take down other parts when they die, or it could be a bad capacitors issue)

Nothing at all? No fans spinning, lights, nothing?

Check to make sure your new PSU is set to the correct voltage according to where you live. Make sure that the power bar and the AC outlet actually work.

Another possibility is that your mobo is toast, as mentioned before.

yeah the voltage on the psu was right and no fans spinning no lights and nothing. Just the motherboard light.

the motherboard and cpu or just the motherboard?

the motherboard does have pegs.

I have had a similar problem in the past with my motherboard going out.

What happened was this: I (stupidly) didn't buy a good surge protector, and we had an electrical storm. A surge came through the line, and fried my PSU. I got a new PSU only to discover that it also made it past the PSU, to the motherboard...thankfully no further. With the new PSU, the light on the motherboard would come on, but it wouldn't power up no matter what I did.

Also try making sure you're shorting the right pins on the board. I have made the mistake of shorting the wrong ones, and discovered that I was shorting the HD LED pins...heheh...

Good luck

somebody has to know how the motherboard fried.

No storms or anything.

my parents 3 computers where on at the same time as mine like always but mine is the only one that fried.

when my computer shut down the hard drive felt very very hot alot hotter than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom