ATI or nVidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
Which one? I will be gaming FF XI, FEAR, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Guild wars, Dynasty Warroirs, etc... and the new games that will come out.
I have x300 express
512mb of ram
Pentium 4 3.2

I want to be able to play all my games at max settings. Should i go for ATI or nVidia? My friend was telling me to go for 6800 or 7800 and not to get ATI cuz they have bad drivers. My other friend has x800GTO2 has he was able to unlock it and over clock alot. What do you suggest for me? Im also looking for a gpu fan and psu. Im looking to oc my video card also. What can u suggest?

Thanks

PS: this is for a friend, im not a noob :):p :mad:

What is your budget?

Buy in this order. Lowest price listed to highest
NVIDIA:
6600GT
6800GS
7600GT
6800GT
7800GT

Overall I would go with the 7600GT @ $199.99 on newegg

im trying to stay below 300. seeing as you dont have ant atis listed, i shouldnt get one? How do ati and nvidia compare when it comes to overclocking? Do any video cards need or even use 512mb of ram?

They both overclock about the same. Your friend is correct about ATI's drivers. They suck. If you are going to spend $300, go with a 7800GT on newegg.com. Look at the MSI, BFG, Gigabyte and EVGA brands.

go with the 7900gt 4 extra pixel pipelines! WOWZER, i have the 7800gt and its great but im trying to use the step up program and get the 7900gt:)

In the rig I just finished building, I have two ATI cards in one. My first and last! Can't say much about the drivers, but if there is a problem you are pretty much on your own. Their Tech Support sucks and then some

I had set up problems from the get go, and When I sent them a message with my troubles, I explained carefuly that I had searched their Knowledge Base and couldn't find an answer specific to my problem. When they finally answered my inquiry, I get a form letter telling me to search the knowledge base. If I had it to do again, I would go with nVidia in a nano second.

the 7900gt is very good, especially when you consider the value.
no mistake whatsoevr if you buy that card.

ati still makes good cards, but in your price range, 7900gt seems to be best value. as for ati drivers, yes, ati has had problems with drivers for newly released cards, but those issues tend to be sorted out shortly after the cards have been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom