I'm Back--cannot Run A System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin

Baseband Member
My primary computer was able to accept the system restore changes. However, my second pc will not reset itself to a prior date...I receieve a system restore message stating that "my pc cannot be restored to an earlier date"....WTF??? What other options do I have?? Ran AV several times..online type and Norton [yeah I know he sucks]..but ran Bitdefender and Rav Online...no problems found....but the c drive is exposed and no system restore is allowed.....What can I do besides call 911!!!:mad:

Hi Assassin,
I have experienced sometimes that some windows update do not allow the computer to be restored to a date prior to which they were installed. That could be one of the reason. Also try restoring from safe mode.
I presume that u already tried several back dates.

This happened to me on both of my computers, I updated them and am yet to try but good luck to you

Thanks for all the great feedback folks!! Let me ask a question that pertains to my reason for wanting to do the system restore fiasco...I cannot seem to hide my c drive when I open the "sharing" tab and then try to go to "keep my files private" option..which is a box that needs to be checked...the box is grey thus it will not allow me to keep my c drive contents from being viewed...this is a security issue isn't it?? Seems when I woke up this morning my c drive files were not hidden...they have always been hidden except when clicking the "explore" option which then opens them up in a box to the left of the screen...I had another person suggest trying to use the admin path to try and enable me to lead up to the fact where I would be able to hide my c drive contents but I couldn't get into admin...so I tried system restore..which did work on one of my pcs..I have two on a network...but on the other I tried to do the system restore which did work on my primary pc and hid my c drive, but not on #2 pc...did I lose anyone?? ha...anyway I am stuck with a pc that has it's c drive exposed...any suggestions??:amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom