I recently built my own computer. Here's what I got:
- ABIT AN8-ULTRA Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
- SAPPHIRE Radeon X850XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
- 2 x 1Gb OCZ Platinum High Performance DDR 400 PC3200 Dual Channel Kit
- ATRIX PSCI-500BLK ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CE, CB, FCC
- Seagate ATA 80GB Hard Drive
- Windows XP SP 2

A couple months back my computer would all the sudden go to blue screen of death saying a whole bunch of stuff about windows updates and any drivers being installed recently and at the bottom it would say "Beginning dump of physical memory." I tested my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostics and it found an error. So, I sent my RAM back to OCZ for repair/replacement since it has lifetime warranty. I just got it back and everything worked fine for about a day or two and now it goes to the blue screen error again. The RAM should be fine now after sending it back to OCZ, but I will do another memory test to make sure. In the mean time, what else could it be? Should I maybe reformat my computer? Please help. I don't know what else it could be. Thanks, Tyler

Well check the ram first anyway and post the stop code from the BSOD if you can.

i will ASAP. i don't think it's the RAM though. it was brand new when i bought it about 2 months ago and it has been repaired/replaced by OCZ. what else could it be?

goto c:\windows\minidump (bsod logs are saved in this folder) rar/zip all the files and upload to http://www.upload2.net and ill analyze the most recent logs and let you know if its a hardware or driver issue

analyzed it , caused by 2 things
1) VETEFILE.SYS (etrust/vet antivirus)
2) some usb device driver or the chipset driver

uninstall etrust/vet and get some other antivirus , also get the latest chipset/usb devices drivers

ok thanks jeremy. ill let you know what the results are. whats another good free antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom