system restore not creat restore point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
I really don't know where to look.
when I try to creat a restore point in Sytem Restore, it goes all it's supposed to til the end except for it doesn't confirm that the point is saved. And there IS no point saved when I go back to check it.
Somehow it may be disabled but I don't know from where.
Please help!

** i've attached the screenshot of the last screen in system restore after trying to create a point:

Try this, then try it

Reinstalling System Restore
Click Start, Run and type %Windir%\INF
Locate the SR.INF file. The file may be shown as SR, if you have configured Windows Explorer to hide known file extensions. To see the file extensions for all file types, then try this:
On the Tools menu in My Computer, click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
Right-click the SR.INF file, and then click Install
Windows will now attempt to reinstall System Restore, and may prompt you for the Windows installation source path. Point to %Windir%\ServicePackFiles folder, or insert your slipstreamed Windows XP (matching the Service Pack level of your system.)
System Restore core files will be reinstalled. Restart Windows when prompted.

hey, warez
thanks for suggestion but it didn't work.
any idea what's causing this?

sorry for the delayed reply.
there is not option for me to enable/disable system restore...

Did you try to enable from Right click on My Computer > Properties>

System restore Tab and enabling and disabling.

System Restore tab has disappeared. From System Restore Windows and click on "system restore settings", Automatic Windows Updates tab opens (within System Properties)... :(
I have this problem on the PC that I'm on right now (IBM ThinkCenter Win XP SP1) and a brand new HP compaq nx9600 (laptop) (Winxp Sp2). I'm running diskcheck on HP laptop now wit fix. i'll see if it fixes it...

yap. i'm logged on as admin.
i just finised running disk check and didn't solve the problem.. :(

the exact error message that i get when i try to create a system restore point is:
--------------------------
Error:
A run time error has occured.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 68
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
------------------------------

any idea???

In the PC that I'm on right now, I switched to Workgroup from a domain and ran disk check with repair on it. When I logged back in locally (still in workgroup), system restore was working fine. It also had some of the restore points that I created but couldn't see. But when I logged off and on to see if it still works, again the system restore disappeared.
I also tried switching to workgroup from a domain and make sure system restore works. then, switched back to domain and log on locally. it only worked at the first log in. as soon as i log off or reboot, system restore disappears...

I see System Restore Service is running. And I've installed sr.inf. Space reserveed for System restore is set to maximum (default) so I don't think low space is causing a problem.

am i the only one who's having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom