X2 4200 problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
I recently bought a 4200 x2 (939) CPU. (See Sig) Installed it last week, but due to some very bad days at work I just got around to playing with it. Now I have 64 bit Windows loaded, so when I used the confuser in general it's quick as h3ll!, but I did a '06 benchmark test and low and behold at's almost 1/2 of what it was when I had my Athlon 64 3000+ in it. Benches before with the 3K were in the range of 24 plus (2412 - 2456 depending on OC) With the new core I get 1273.

CPU-Z sees both cores, cpu 0 and cpu 1, it tells me FSB is like 202 (with Adaptive OC on)

I checked the bios, and even updated to a newer beta version. No good. I have 26A going to the 12v side (450W cooler master modstream PSU) and I have the XFX 6800GT installed. Any suggestions? As far as the OS, it super quick, but when I get to games and benches, it sucks @ss... Help... :( Thanks for any info...

Nukem

I have the 7800 in another puter right now... so I'm running the 6800GT. Ok, it's the vid card, but why would that the drop in Bench marks when it was the CPU I changed, not the vid? My temps have jumped a little... (CPU temp idle is 39-40c) but I expected that. but that is about the only thing I have noticed. I put the 3k CPU back in just to test, and boom! back to normal benches... So now I really don't know what to think... And thanks... I'll change my sig to match what I have now... :)

Were you running the 64-bit OS before? I would guess that is your problem. It is buggy as h3ll with horrible driver support. I would not use that, the only thing I have seen it do is DECREASE performance.

idiotec said:
Were you running the 64-bit OS before? I would guess that is your problem. It is buggy as h3ll with horrible driver support. I would not use that, the only thing I have seen it do is DECREASE performance.

Yep... I had the 64bit running with the 3K CPU and the benches were as I stated before... (Not great, but beter than now) But then If I go back to the 32bit XP Pro I have, then I would still have the dual core advantage, but lose the 64 bit capability.... I do agree that driver suport sucks, but then I don't do much on this machine except game. Would it be worth it? I might use a reload as last resort, but I would like to at least track this down as to the source of the problem... Thanks though... I will definately keep this in mind :bald:

Nukem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom