7900GT or X1800 XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Just questioning which is better out of a 1800 XT and a 7900GT. Since they are both nearly the same prices here, I just want to know which has the best performance. Please do not just say a 7900GT because you like nVidia or a X1800 XT because you like ATi, I just want to know which is the best out of pure performance.

Thanks in advance.

The only cards i recommend you getting from ATI is the X1900 series preferably the XT because the XTX is a waste of money. 7900GT :)

What's with all the threads :confused:

Wow, I don't remember the X1800XT being so powerful... Well if it is then I guess get it.

003 said:
Wow, I don't remember the X1800XT being so powerful...

Thats cuz it isn't. Suddenly, after the 7900s come out it apparently gets a supercharge in all the benchmarks so that its beating the 7800GTX-512MB, which can hold it's own against the X1900s.

EDIT: Well, looking at those benchmarks, at the bottom of the page they have "Min" and "Max" FPS for 1280x1024 resolution. First thing I wonder about, is why are the FPS in the chart of 1280x1024 so close to the Max FPS? Another; weren't they able to get the mic FPS on those cards much below 100FPS? Shows the quality of their second-rate benchmarking tools, compared to Anandtech, HardOCP, Guru3D, or Xbit Labs.

Finally...why are the FPS in the 1280x1024 chart for the X1800XT higher than the "Max" FPS for the resolution listed at the bottom of the page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom