Best OC RAM for 200 Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticRose

In Runtime
The sys that i'm going to get is under my sig.

I haven't decided on what RAM to get yet. I need about 2GB of RAM to OC. Which one should i get ?

My Budget is about 200 bucks, but i can stretch a little bit more.

My friends recommended me one of those, but i think i should ask for you guys' opinion first be4 i ordered them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210

Personally i think that G.skill is better for OCing.

But i thought my mobo is for PC3200 RAM, so i need to buy those PC 3200. Is that right ?

BTW, when i try to OC, i need tighter timing or looser timing ?

as long as you don't change any settings it should run 1:1 with your processor.. as for timing, i have no idea, i havent touched my timings... just using it stock out of the box timings.. i'm only running ddr520 right now, with 2.6 ghz on my opty.. if you want to overclock ur processor i recommened this ram, or any ddr500 ram at that, it'll make overclocking that much easier, so you don't have to slow your ram down

i too thought the same thing at first... my mobo said "pc3200" but it can support up to higher than that, so don't worry about that

and ur sig says opteron 146 1.8 ghz... it comes at 2.0 ghz

I see now. So the Pc 4000 RAM will be more expensive, but easier to OC since it supports higher speed.

As for the CPU, i changed from the 144 to 146, but didn't change the clock-speed, so lol

Thanks again for the help. I decided to go for that now.

Yay PC4000 it is :D

WHy is ram so cheap, i bought that extreme series for 200 now its 150??!?!? :mad:

Hix, sooo unfair, i was in the UK, and the piece of RAM u recommended me was ... £160 ( $280++ ). So i went for 2x512 OCZ DDR500 2.5-3-3-8 instead.

Hope that's ok.

I like those sticks you linked to in your first post as well. I would guess that the g-skill PC3200 sticks would do DDR500 with the 3-4-4-8 timings that the other sticks have anyways.

Skip those XMS sticks linked to above, both the ones you had listed have tighter timings at the same speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom