GOOD IDEA x1600 PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao Septoid2. I would get a 6800gs over a x1600 because I have always had driver issues with ati on old machines and because the 6800gs is faster. The problem is I think all cards are dx9 and will be dx9 till vista comes out with dx10 support which will be next winter.... Quick Note: 1)Now that technology is growing more rapid for these next couple of years, I doubt any card would last me 3 or 4 years on nice settings that wouldnt make me want to buy a new one. For example, though I bought 6800gt back in 2003, that has last me till now and I bet for another year and I am STILL satisfied with the graphics and speed.........

Ok now that i know whats up. If you wanna last till Avalon times your best bet for AGP would to get a 7800GS when it drops soon. Its still fairly new so i expect the price to stay up there but it will drop pretty soon in price. It will be your best choice on AGP till Avalon.

it is two early for DX10 games, dx10 games will not be available before a year from now.
anyway 6800GS will be able to run dx10 games but they will run on dx9 mode. so, don't worry about dx10 cards

6800GS is the best choice for u.

maroon1 said:
it is two early for DX10 games, dx10 games will not be available before a year from now.
anyway 6800GS will be able to run dx10 games but they will run on dx9 mode. so, don't worry about dx10 cards

6800GS is the best choice for u.

wont that be the same for every DX9 card??
anyways wat card does the X1600 PRO run like?

There's no such thing as a future proof card in the world of gaming, wait for the dx10 cards if you want a video card that will last about 2 years if even that

lol it seems to me you really want the x1600pro. just go for it. the x1600pro is FASTER than the 6600gt, but slower than the 6800gs. for the price you listed at ncix, seems like a good deal.

i've found benchies of the x1600xt raping the 6600gt, and almost on par with 6800gs peformance, but i did not find benchmarks for the x1600pro, for that, i'm willing to risk my rep (lol..) and say that the x1600pro is faster than the 6600gt. (if you wanna make me look bad, show proof).

since the x1600pro is cheaper than the 6600gt, go for x1600pro. unless you're a heavy gamer.. then spend extra (not really worth it..) and get the 6800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom