Which PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSU

Running

Ok now I got more choices to look at and more time till i order my build components, but that is a good thing.

The PSU BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL suggested does look good (in the 400w model) and I am looking at it more seriously. And Seasonic is good as well (or supposed to be )

At least that's what Static_11 thinks.

So I will compare the three (untill someone else tells me what to get) and make a decision.

Thanks BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL & Running

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

No worries BigLIl dude,

sorry if I came off abrasively. I aopreciate your suggestions.

Ur case is cool and if I was buying a bunch of cool stuff I'd proble want to beable to see it. But I want dark and quiet from my case.

I'm sure ur setup looks sick.

Sorry dude, I doin't want to brawlk wit ya.

Cheers

Re: BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

cliffhucker said:
No worries BigLIl dude,

sorry if I came off abrasively. I aopreciate your suggestions.

Ur case is cool and if I was buying a bunch of cool stuff I'd proble want to beable to see it. But I want dark and quiet from my case.

I'm sure ur setup looks sick.

Sorry dude, I doin't want to brawlk wit ya.

Cheers

lol im just messing wit ya man. Really get what you want. Some peolpe dont like side panel windows. And i guess ur one of them? All good man. I just like messing with poeple new to TF. So we good now? lol

BIGLIL

lol im just messing wit ya man. Really get what you want. Some peolpe dont like side panel windows. And i guess ur one of them? All good man. I just like messing with poeple new to TF. So we good now? lol

Thanks for lettin me get what I want. Come here in person and mess with me that would be fine. but i have no time for it here.
That PSU u have looks sweet in the 400w version so thanks.

Go easy on us newbies , dont be scarin us away and s...!

Take er slow dude

The Seasonic PSU won loads of awards, and is quiet but 330w is not enough to run a system reliably. You should always add 50w to the result of these tests, and then you want a bit more so your PSU isn't working on full load.

The case is always what you prefer and not what someone here says. Go with what you like as you are going to be looking at it for a long time.

Seasonic

Trifid

Yeah, I realized that it was only 330W.
I was trying to keep the Watts down but notr that much. I calced 278 needed watts so adding 50 would work but I want more than that for stability and possible expansion.

I think I am going w/ the 400w Antec or if I go with the Sonata cassse It comes with the 450W.. I would probably jump on the Sonata if it had the 400.

???

Thanks for ur input

The PSU only takes out the socket what it needs. It will not affect your electricity bill any more than the 400w one. I have a 580w PSU and if I could test it it would proablly only be taking 400w from the wall (due to its not the most efficient PSU.)

Double check the wattage with this one: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

the socket

Trifid,

Woe, I asked about this before? U mean that I could have a 600w PSU and it wont be using 600watts?

What does it mean "The PSU only takes out the socket what it needs" The power it pulls doesnt adjust or phase does it?

Could u elaborate a bit?

I am using a 2oo w PSU now and it works great so I am hesitant to have 2x+ power consumption.

Thanks, this may make a diff.

Re: Seasonic

cliffhucker said:
Trifid

Yeah, I realized that it was only 330W.
I was trying to keep the Watts down but notr that much. I calced 278 needed watts so adding 50 would work but I want more than that for stability and possible expansion.

I think I am going w/ the 400w Antec or if I go with the Sonata cassse It comes with the 450W.. I would probably jump on the Sonata if it had the 400.

???

Thanks for ur input

good idea. The sonata case looks awesome too and it comes with a 450watt psu. That's the best deal for the money.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom