system meltdown.. ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
ok so here is what happened..

i am playing counter strike source

all of the sudden, my comp freezes, and a sound keeps looping and my monitor light is flashing on and off.

i try to turn it off, and it is not turning off.

i switch off the PSU.

try and start back up again, but the whole screen is a rainbow-ish color at the windows login screen but when i roll my mouse over where my login name is, i can log in. i still cannot read any text though, it is all multicolored.

i restart and try to get on again. doesnt work, same ****.

so i reinstall windows, everything goes well. i get it booted up for the first time, install drivers.

then i restart and it has the windows screen with the black background, it makes it through that.

then it goes to a blue gradient screen, and stays on that, sometimes flashing black then back to it.

-----------------------------

In need of a diagnosis.

Thanks

-Steve

So it allows you to log in? Can you run any programs?

Try switching out video cards with another computer to see if the video card is at fault.

well it did allow me to login before the reinstall. before the reinstall everything was all rainbowish colors.

after the reinstall it is not letting me log in and it is just kind of flashing and it has either a blue or black background.

i am thinking video card or hard drive, but not sure. i dont have a video card available right now, just the one in my PC. :(

thanks for the reply.

Try to boot in the safe mode (F8 during boot) and if it will let you to do so, install the video card drivers and set it to the lowest settings (lowest resolution, 60 Hz refresh rate).
Also, once in the safe mode, you can try to disable the video hardware acceleretion (Display properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot).

ok well it still was being messy, so i took out the video card and started it up. i waited for a bit, then i pressed tab and then enter and i heard the login noise. i drew the conclusion that this is my GPU and am calling eVGA right now.

thanks for the help, i may need some more though hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom