Video Card Equivalents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballisticpball

Baseband Member
Hey,
I'm looking to get a new video card for a Sempron 3500+. It accepts the PCI-e style cards.

I'm thinking of getting the Geforce 6600GT card, but I was wondering what the ATI Radeon, and Sapphire equivalent cards are like. Do these companies make any better cards for cheaper?

BTW, the 6600 fits my budget pretty well, so I don't believe you'll persuade me to buy a different Geforce brand.

unfortunately, ati doesn't really have a competitor product for the 6600gt. x700 and x1300 are in the same price range, but are greatly (in most cases..) out muscled by the 6600gt. i personally like ati, but in your price range, i'd stick with the 6600gt.

The 6600GT is a lot better than the ATI counterparts. The only ATI cards worth buying is the X1900 series, but thats way out of your budget. Stick to the 6600GT. Its a nice budget gaming card.

I wouldnt recommend getting any of the x*00 series cards because they do not support SM 3.0. The 660 gt is great because it has SM3.0. - charlie

wow, i had no idea they were making semprons that high now, amd's really coming up in the world.. their stocks are worth a good amount of money now.. i'm too lazy to check, but they're going up :) intel on the other hand i've seen is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom