Problems with GeForce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KargeOfTylenol

Solid State Member
I recently (3 months ago) got a Chaintech Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP 8x 256MB for christmas. Compared to previous and much worse (Radeon 9000 AGP 4x 64mb /// MX 4000 PCI 128MB) this is horrendus. I get noticeable mouse lag in any game i play, even when playing Worms Armageddon and UT (regular) in max resolution...this should not happen seeing as how i have much worse off computers running these games silky smooth at all times. In the worms armageddon menu i get 30FPS, and a delayed response time, compared to my much worse computers getting 60 with no lag...

can anyone help verify my problem? i have set my prerender frame limit to 0, which reduced the mouse lag a small amount but not fully...HELP PLEASE!!!

no, i keep them updated and check them every week, unless you're suggesting i downgrade?

(just checked to make sure, i DO have the current nvidia drivers.)

8.1.9.8 /// 12/10/05

While you update the driver be sure to uninstall the previous one before.

Also check core temps.

core temps are fine (like 30C, threshold is about 150), and the thing wont overclock worth **** either, just gets errors whenever i try bringing it up by the smallest amount.

I uninstalled the card drivers then reinstalled them...still having the problem

Interesting...

Try to set the "Image Quality" setting in driver configuration to "HIgh Performance". Report the results.
Also check if driver config. main menu says that you use AGP 8X interface (not 2X, 4X).

And post your sistem specifications (CPU, mobo, memory, PSU, etc.).

Yeah its running 8x now, and i had the image quality set to that already.

ASRock 775VM8 Mainboard
Pentium 4 2.66ghz Socket 775
2x512mb PC2700 ram
Chaintech Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP 8x 256MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom