continuous beeping sound and freezes on the post screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

woktheblue

Solid State Member
Hi Group, Could you please give me some information on how to fix this problem. When I turn the computer on it makes a continuous beeping sound and freezes on the post screen? I also get an error message on the post screen saying “Keyboard error”.
The keyboard is plugged into a PS2 connection. I donÂ’t have a problem with the keyboard because I have tried a different board and still have the same problem.
I canÂ’t even get in into the bios!!! Can some one HELP, Thank you, Mark

Unplug the AC Plug from power supply, Ground yourself by touching something metal, Open your PC Case, Locate the CMOS Battery, Unattach it from its Holding Clips, leave it out of PC for 2-5 Minutes, Place battery back in slot. Place AC plug back in, Turn on PC.

Post Back with results.

Have you added any new hardware Latly?

woktheblue said:
Hi Group, Could you please give me some information on how to fix this problem. When I turn the computer on it makes a continuous beeping sound and freezes on the post screen? I also get an error message on the post screen saying “Keyboard error”.
The keyboard is plugged into a PS2 connection. I donÂ’t have a problem with the keyboard because I have tried a different board and still have the same problem.
I canÂ’t even get in into the bios!!! Can some one HELP, Thank you, Mark
Sounds like you have the keyboard plugged into the wrong PS2 jack, or that something in the machine has come unseated.

Has this keyboard ever worked on this machine before?

C1 Error

I used a Diagnostic post card on the AGP motherboard and I keep getting the same error code. Which is C1? Can someone help me with this error…? “C1”

Have you tried clearing the CMOS yet, as I suggested?

If you want to know what an Error message is for a specific product, then prehaps you should refer to its manual or guide.

;)

I have cleared the CMOS as you said Ste... I changed the battery.
Tried new memory... I also took everything off the board and left a stick of memory in and I still get this "Continuous Beep beep beep"

Any more ideas Steve?

Yes, Reseat the Video Card, Try the other Stick of memory or try completly different Sticks of memory.

Unattach everything from motherboard Except CPU, RAM And Video and try booting while Board is outside of case on a hard non-conductive surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom