Remote Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
same ip address? your not wrong about that? im talking on the lan ips do not use 127.0.0.1 , and just to make it extra clear the computer that you wanna connect to must run the server and the computer that wanna connect to the server must be running the viewer

I just tried it with my buddy who lives across the nation. I gave him the instructions, and he turned off his firewall and set everything up. Still got a failed error message...

Check out these screenshots, maybe I have a bad setting....

screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg

"require ms logon" under the vnc password (in server settings that is) should not be ticked

I'm at work now, but I figured I'd post that I still didn't get it working, but also thought of something I may have goofed up.

Let's say Jeremy and I are trying to connect. I want to take control of his computer. Jayce (me) is supposed to run the Viewer, while Jeremy runs the Server. For more clarification, the Viewer is the green icon, while the Server is the blue icon. Now, what IP address is Jayce and Jeremy supposed to use? Should Jayce put Jeremy's IP in the Viewer, and Jeremy put Jayce's IP in the Server? Or is that backwards...

Jayce said:
Now, what IP address is Jayce and Jeremy supposed to use? Should Jayce put Jeremy's IP in the Viewer, and Jeremy put Jayce's IP in the Server? Or is that backwards...
jayce needs to put jeremy's ip (cuz jayce wants to connect to jeremy's pc) , jeremy shouldnt do nothing except running/configuring the server and maybe configuring/disabling the firewall too , and theres no server side ip configuration only in viewer

edit: and of course jayce gotta use the same port as jeremy puted in the server otherwise it wont work

jeremy said:
jayce needs to put jeremy's ip (cuz jayce wants to connect to jeremy's pc) , jeremy shouldnt do nothing except running/configuring the server and maybe configuring/disabling the firewall too , and theres no server side ip configuration only in viewer

edit: and of course jayce gotta use the same port as jeremy puted in the server otherwise it wont work

Then I'm a little confused. You see, with the download I got when I open Viewer, the Server icon opens up in the corner. I told the other party to open admin properties and do the same thing I was doing. I wasn't sure what else to do with it since it opened itself after I opened viewer. I guess that's where I goofed. We'll try it again in a few hours when I'm home!

the viewer never runs the server, you must have ran/installed it without knowin what you doing , anyway as i alredy said you need the standalone viewer and he needs the standalone server links^

All right, new problem same situation. I found remote assistance in the windows search function and figured I'd try it. It's much easier to use, however something isn't working right. I can connect to my upstairs computer instantly, and my buddy can connect to his 2nd computer instantly, but he and I cannot connect directly together. Then again, he is in Washington state and I'm in Pennsylvania, but I doubt distance could have a factor. We just get an error that says about a connection failed to establish or something... In the troubleshooter Microsoft pretty much said if all firewalls are turned off it WILL work..... ALL firewalls ARE turned off and I'm not getting much response. :(

It a pain using that VNC program behind a router and firewall

Image01.jpg

Image2.jpg

pick save to file
Image3.jpg

friend's name
Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

use email program or sign into email and compose new mail and send this as an attachment
Image7.jpg

Where you see use Windows Messenger or Outlook Express, I actually just saved the file to my desktop. Then, I direct-connected with my buddy on aim, sent it to him, and he opened the file. We also used Windows Messenger after that didn't work, but we didn't get any other responses.

We're both behind a router, I wonder if that has something to do with it. He can connect to other computers on his network, and I can connect to other computers on my network, but he and I can't connect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom