Which mobo to OC a Opteron 146 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticRose

In Runtime
Which mobo best to OC ? ( with a Opty 146 )

Hi,

I have a Opteron 146, and i want to do some serious OCing.

Can any one recommend me with the most suitable motherboard to go with that Opteron 146 so that i can do most OC ?

Thanks.

Edited: I already order a Gigabyte K8n Pro Sli Mobo, but i could change the order in no time. Does that mobo OC well with the Opteron 146 ?

Tnx

If you want the best overclocking board, bo with the DFI lanparty ultra d/SLI-DR. The has been some posts that they are a bit hit or miss, with the ASUS A8N-SLI premium coming out really well.

People say the Gigabyte boards are only OK, and not great with overclocking. I would change it.

i have a dfi lanparty sli-dr expert. and i can only get my 4400+ to 2.53 on 1.475 volts *barely stable*

Your ram is probally holding you back, try running a memory divider on them. Or you got a dud CPU/core.

hrmmm i've got an abit kn8-sli and i managed 2.8 ghz, although i only used prime95 for about 2 hours, temps stayed same, along with the voltage, gonna need some great ram

it could be ur ram and ur mobo, i've heard bad things bout the expert one. Go with Ultra-D or SLI-DR, 003 tells me that you can still mod the ULtra-D to SLi, but its gotten a lil harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom