1000 FSB vs 2000 FSB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you really need 2000MHz FSB, like my uncles explained it to me.

Why would you need a ferrari to drive around the neighbourhood, other than showing it off.

john3 said:

Why would you need a ferrari to drive around the neighbourhood, other than showing it off.

Sorry to say your uncle is wrong. The FSB is one of the most common bottlenecks on systems, and you're hardly "driving around the neighorhood."

With the AMD64s though the "FSB" (it's technically not even FSB anymore, although I realize places like newegg will list it as such) it's not so much of a big deal. It's actually the "HTL" speed.

Mines at 855MHz (or 1710 overall basically...it's 2x) and I can guarantee you, you'll see basically no difference between that and 2000.

The reason mine is at 855 is because I have my CPU's HTT OC'd up to 285 with the HT multiplier set to 3x because you want to be under the 2000, never over it. Going over it will never gain you any faster speeds or benefits, and in most cashes will cause great instability.

that is a really horrible analogy and chances are he hasn't looked into the AMD K8 architecture.

Ludachris - all socket 939 CPU's utilize 2000HTT, all socket 754 CPU's utilize 1600HTT. So regardless if some label it as 1000, or 2000, just remember, essentially 1000 = 2000 if that makes any sense.

Just remember if it's a socket 939 CPU and motherboard you have, it'll always be 2000HTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom