1000 FSB vs 2000 FSB??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludachris

Baseband Member
Im looking to purchase a motherboard and im comparing the asus a8n-e and the epox ep-9npa+ultra. the asus has 2000 FSB and the epox has 1000 FSB. im going to have an AMD 3700+ SanDiego. will the epox be good enough. or does it matter with the cpu im getting?

im not exactly sure what your asking..FSB wise? becasue they should be the same. when looking at motherboards its really just about the features, however, i would go with the asus.

yes it does i am just wondering if the lower fsb on the epox will have any effect on the processor?

AMD has a 1000Mhz HyperTransport Bus (200MHz HTT x 5 LDT Multiplier). However, AMD can send two instructions per clock cycle on it's HT Bus, similar to how DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM functions. So, the effective Bus speed on a Socket 939 AMD system is 2000MHz. Some websites will advertise it as 1000MHz, while others will call it 2000Mhz, the same as how some sites will classify DDR400 RAM as running at 200MHz, while others will classify it as 400MHz.

For future use, the correct way of saying it is the "actual" speed as opposed to the "effective" speed. However, one can be excused for making such an error.

I'm a very "angry" ASUS customer currently but I've used their boards for some time and have had many of their products.

The A8N-SLI series is flawed as almost everyones fans are on the verge of death after only 2 months after a purchase. My own fan hit the bucket around 3 months of use. Don't get me wrong ASUS is a good mobo maker but the A8N-SLI series is something you want to stay away from.

I'm also willing to guess that you will not be using two video cards in SLI mode anyway, try to consider another board from them.

First of all, your beginning post is wrong. You said in your beginning post that both boards have a 2000MHz FSB, so fix that, first of all. Secondly, I figured that you meant that the Epox board is listed as a 1000MHz FSB board.

Yes, they both run at the same FSB. 1000Mhz or 2000Mhz, take your pick.

i fixed it. and yes it was listed that way, and i wasnt sure if their was a difference between the two but if their the same ill prob go with the epox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom