What parts should I change / keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
I'm not contemplating on whether I should change a couple parts for my new build. I have already got the case, psu, and mobo, and am happy with those. The parts in my sig are the ones I am looking at getting, but now I'm wondering whether or not I should change them with the ones that I have listed below.

Video Card,
EVGA 7900GT 256MB (PCI Express

CPU,
AMD Opteron UP Model 165 64Bit SKT939 Hyper

With the VGA card, it's basically what brand is better.
With the CPU, I know that with the Opty, I'd have to overclock it to make it a good processor, and I'm wondering if I'd need an aftermarket heatsink for it to overclock to decent speeds. Also, is overclocking it that hard?

i dont think the aftermarket heatsink is needed if you have good cooling. Stick with the opty and the card.

eVGA is a better brand, most people hear at TF like eVGA over XFX. Also, with stock cooling you can still get incredibly high with that processor - charlie

not as5 but im pretty sure overclocking voids warranty. but if its defective just clear the cmos and then RMA it. i think that would work.

wtk pro l said:
not as5 but im pretty sure overclocking voids warranty. but if its defective just clear the cmos and then RMA it. i think that would work.

Do you know of anyone who has actually done that? Cos if someone has, then I'd definetely get an Opty. But if OC voids your warranty, I'd rather get a x2 3800+ or 4400+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom