Help With Custom Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodreb

Baseband Member
WooT! 1st post after stalking this forum for a while....

Anyway. I'm a HardCore gamer that has finaly come into some cash. (Some old lady died in my family... Huray!)

Im looking to spend 4000 and under, but WOULD go over rather than sacrifice quality... other wise id just go dell --> Im doing this via NewEgg <--

The Build planned is as follows,
-------- Case ---------
Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black ALuminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Comp Case

-------- Mobo --------
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Scket 939

-------- CPU ---------
AMD AMD Athlon 64 FX60 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

------- RAM ---------
2x OCZ 2gb (2x1gb) 184-pin DDR 400 Dual Channel

----- Vide Card ----
eVGA Geforce 7900GTX

--- Sound Card ---
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1

I have 4 main quests.

1) From what you see, is everything compatable?
2) Will anything bottleneck anything?
3) What psu do you recomend?
4) What cooling system do you recomed? Ill consider liquid, but it scares me putting liqued into this baby...

Ty in advanced. Oh, and should i go with a diff CPU?
TYVM to Static_11, Yours is byfar the best guide on a comp that iv read.
If you dissagree on anything, or see a quailty issue, pealse tell me because i dont want to have an expensive paper weight.

Ps. thats not everything, i left out the raptor drive, burners and fans...
Edit: Changed link on case, Change Processer to duel core from a san diego to a toledo

lol, i have the same mobo and case... with my personal experience it has been a sweet system. ur case link is wrong though, it goes to the mobo u picked out, but its all good. i havn't heard too much about that processor. You may get a better lifespan (in terms of quality) with a dual core processor... don't get me wrong though, these are all great parts.

Ram - you may want to up the speed of it. i wish i did because im going to have to buy some different kind later if i want to get it faster. Only do this if ur going to oc it though.

psu - i absolutally love my psu but its got the SLI sticker on it jacking the price up a few bucks. With psu's, its really the more u spend, the better it is. If i were you i wouldn't spend less than 75 dollars on one. Also, since ur running a few gigs of memory as well as the fx-57, u need some high wattage psu's. Anything over 450 is good, over 600 is overkill (correct me if i am wrong though).

cooling - simply grab a zelman beast - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115. that should do the trick, because the case u picked out has AMAZING cooling... i can't believe how much air gets pushed out the back of that thing. Also, the case has dust screens everywhere dust can get it, so it stays at the same quality of air cirulation throughout time. Also, this eliminates the need for cleaning it every month or so!! btw, i also disagree with water cooling... its so... weird to think about putting a "threat" in your system...

hard drive - i totally agree with you in the sense of getting a rapter... glad to see that. i would definatelly say a 150gb or 74gb raptor AS WELL AS "storage" hard drive about 200+gb. This way, u put ur programs and such on the fast drive, and put larger files such as movies, pictures, mpeg layer-3 files on it that aren't getting accessed all the time. The hard drive is usually the bottleneck of every system. I totally can't wait till i get a faster one and let my processor "fly".

Looks like a great system with no major errors... GOOD LUCK!! :D

that looks like it will be a very good computer. everything looks to be good. will be one heck of a gaming machine.

im weird

ya.. my fear of water is strange. But iv read soo many horor stories on newegg of peopls systems leaking and killing their comp. For the power, glad you said something, was guna go for the 850ww power supply but if thats over kill, then i guess i can tone it down to a 550.

Ya, i LOVE that case. I built a comp for a friend with that case, only using cheaper insides. I fell in love with it and vowed that my next comp would also use it.

So, no errors? And BTW, what psu you using? or atleast, can you recomend a good solid brand for it? Tyvm for the reply.

oh im sorry, i forgot to put the link in to my psu... but it can be found here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7=&ATTR8=2010320058+1294718603&ATTR9=&ATTR10=) i got one of those... i think it was this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817151024). Back to the wattage, after rethinking it... i would say you could definatally go for a 600w psu if you wanted the assureance that it would never be an issue, but i know for my system i found this little quiz thing that said i needed at least 400 or more, and i tend to lean on the careful side. Also, upgrading to a better one could save you the extra money later on (you could snag the psu from ur old system and bring it to ur next build if u build again). the 850w is really for the quad SLI folks or those who want the power. I remember drooling over that when i was building my system, lol

i couldn't be happier with my psu, and for your personal computer, i would recommend the 600w version of that seasonic USA.. for 30 bucks more, might as well...... especially for ur 7900gtx

i envy you... lol... good luck!!

tyvm, you been a major help. ya, i upgraded the processor, and il look into some better ram. At this point, i dont plan to oc it, but thats just for this month, because im not sure how to do it.
ty for the link on that psu
Il probaly go with the 600w id rather have more than i need, so i can upgrade later. I would take the one from my comp now, but is only 350w lol so.. maby not

do you have any ideas on what kinda mouse and keyboard? should i go with the standard gamers package (g5 and a g15 logictec?)

Hmm, iv heard alot of bad things about the razor copperhead. Mostly from people with smaller hands, they say it doesnt feel natural. (I have small hands)

Well, i dont mind spending if its reasonable, is the OCZ a Large quality improvement over the SeaSonic? are seasonic know to be defective??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom