how high can i safely go

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I have a p4 2.8 ghz 800 fsb cpu, a gigabyte 8ik1100 mobo, 2 256mb corsair xms sticks of ram at cas 2 latency, a thermalright heatsink with 92mm vantec tornado, antec sx1040 case 2 80mm case fans at back pulling air out and soon one 80mm vantec tornao at front pulling air in. I now have the cpu overclocked to 3.15ghz and the ram at 450 mhz dual channel. My question is how high can i go safely? How do I do it? And how do I overclock my graphics card a ati aiw 9600 pro?

What speed is your ram? PC2700, PC3200, PC3500? You want to try avoiding the OC of ram. If you can, only raise the FSB a few notches, then work on the multiplier. If the system crashes, raise the voltage. Though I wouldn't recommend raising the CPU voltage above 1.9

i know this is off topic, but by the sounds of things you have a really nice computer lol

Bandage has it right. BUt out of curiosity.... how the hell do you stand that PC? Do you have a fan controller for those Tornados? I wouldnt be able to stand my 92mm if I didnt have a controller for it. Sounds like a hairdryer.

My ram is pc3200 and i actually am not sure if i overclocked the ram or raised my fsb but i belive i overclocked the ram. As far as the tornado goes it is loud as hell but i have a daughter thats much louder and theres always noise around me when im on the computer be it her or music or something so it doesnt really bother me it kinda blends in. Oh and do you have any suggestions on overclocking my graphics card?

How high you can go all depends on the temperature of your processor and the stability of your system.

Temps can be monitored if you have an equipped ASUS mobo, and with a Pentium you can monitor stability with a program called prime95 (does it work for AMDs also?).

where can i get prime95 from? oh and i just installed the 80mm tornado and yes its really loud. i will be getting a fan controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom